Wednesday, May 26

A note to readers

People have been asking me lately: What's the purpose of this blog?

The simple answer: It doesn't have a purpose.

This blog reflects my whims, my wanderings about Lawrenceville, my interests: I like to drink latte, and eat pastry and walk my dog and sometimes I do all three at once. I like to shop. I like to eat out. I love vintage anything. I love can't live without art or music or gardening or the latest news. I vote.

I am not affiliated with any official organization like Lawrenceville Corp. I am not buddies with any shop or restaurant owners. I'm not being paid by anybody to write this blog, and I'm not expecting to make any money from this blog. I'm a resident, and a fairly new resident at that, who has been trying to describe my new neighborhood to friends back in California. What started as emails to L.A. with photos of the River Walk has ended up as a blog.

It's as simple as that.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the neighborhood!

    I'm a generational resident (fixing up the home my dad was raised in), and I enjoy your blog for the perspective it gives me on the neighborhood. I only got involved in the 'Hood a few years ago, and I'm constantly amazed by how awesome it is.

    Did you know we have porch crawls? (organized once a month event in summer where we go meet/greet/drink with our neighbors at 3 host houses).

    I'm thrilled to be living in LoLa in L'Ville. Glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm a veteran of pub crawls, so porch crawls sound right up my alley! What a great idea! They have something like that in Scotland but you have to wait until New Year's Eve.

    Yeah, I love the area. I never get bored. There's always something new to see or do. Or eat! Or drink!

    Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete